BlackBerry Internet Service
Delivering ISP Branded Email Services to BlackBerry smartphones!
What is BlackBerry Internet Service?
BlackBerry Internet Service offers a seamless mobile extension to your existing email service by allowing users to access their email from BlackBerry® smartphones. BlackBerry Internet Service is the out-of-the-box service that comes ready to activate with every BlackBerry smartphone and, when integrated with your ISP email service, it will provide your subscribers with convenient, easy access to up to 10 personal and business email accounts with feature rich functionality such as:
- Virtual real-time delivery of email messages
- HTML browsing and instant messaging similar to a desktop experience
- Attachment viewing (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Corel, WordPerfect, Adobe PDF)
- Calendar, contacts, address book, task and memo pad information that synchs with your desktop organizer
- Thousands of 3rd party applications available
- Compatibility with BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry Built-In devices (feature set may vary by device)
What are the benefits of BlackBerry Internet Service?
Offering push email to BlackBerry smartphones allows ISPs to:
- Enhance your service offering
- Deliver mobile convergence as an extension of your email offering
- Meet the growing customer demand to stay connected anytime, anyplace
- Deliver a superior mobile experience by leveraging BlackBerry's already deployed infrastructure
- Grow your customer base and increase customer loyalty
- Access a new, highly affluent market segment
- Reduce your churn of customers going wireless
- Stregthen customer retention with an enhanced service offering
- Differentiate and build brand awareness
- Promote your email service as a mobile brand
- Link your brand with the power of the BlackBerry brand
- A convergent email service creates broader market appeal for your products and service and sets you apart from competitive ISPs
- Increase profits
- Increase ARPU by providing more services in a single offering and delivering enhanced email plans
- Increase market share in the prosumer and consumer markets
- Gain a share of mobile revenues
Features of BlackBerry Internet Service
BlackBerry "push" technology
BlackBerry Internet Service is available to ISPs in various levels of technical integration. Each level of integration yields a progressively better user experience and allows ISPs to select the level of service they would like to offer depending on what they need. BlackBerry "push" technology enables:
- Integration of up to 10 work and personal email accounts
- Email automatically arrives on the desk without the user polling for mail
- This is possible due to RIM's BlackBerry infrastructure and direct connections into 200+ networks around the world
Message Status Reconciliation
Activity such as reading, sending or deleting emails on a BlackBerry device is automatically reconciled in the host mailbox so users do not waste time "managing" multiple email mailboxes.
File attachments in Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint®, Adobe® PDF, JPG, GIF, HTML and other formats can be viewed easily directly on a BlackBerry smartphone. BlackBerry smartphones are optimized for wireless delivery providing users with images that are intact e.g., formatting and font information is preserved, footnotes and tracked changes can be viewed and documents are compressed for quicker delivery. Users can control how much information they receive by requesting the table of contents for an attachment or viewing the full content at once.
It's never been easier for your users to get email, attachment viewing, web browsing and instant messaging on the go!
Seamless Technical Integration
- Contact us for more information about BlackBerry Internet Service.